We take your privacy very seriously. This policy outlines how we work to protect the information you provide us.
What is our policy?
Mayhew is committed to protecting the privacy of its website members and clients. We have taken strong measures to ensure that the information we gather from you will be secure and confidential.
What information do we need and what do we do with it?
The information we need when you communicate online with Mayhew may include your name, email address, mailing address, and phone. This information allows us to keep you updated on the status of your projects, ensure that we are providing you with content that you have requested, and maintain the integrity of the conversations we have online with other site members.
Accuracy of personal information?
You will be able to change, alter or delete your personal information at any time. Mayhew also makes every effort to keep all personal information it holds, including contact information and billing information, accurate, complete, and current. Mayhew will update any changes to personal information when received, in writing, from you. If Mayhew holds personal information about an individual which can be established by the individual to be inaccurate, Mayhew will take reasonable steps to correct it.
How do I access my personal information?
You have the ability to access all your personal information by contacting Mayhew at any time. If you have any questions regarding the personal information held by Mayhew, you should, in writing, contact Mayhew’s Privacy Officer at 28 Sims Crescent, Richmond Hill, Ontario L4B2N9. Mayhew will respond to any written requests within 30 days of receiving written notice. Mayhew will keep records of enquiries and/or objections and will document their resolution. Mayhew will conduct all investigations in a timely, fair and impartial manner.
How do we protect your information?
We make sure that every online communication with our website members and clients meets our high standards of privacy and security. In addition, we take strong measures to protect all customer data against unauthorized access.
Do we have “cookies”?
Cookies are small bytes of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Mayhew cookies allow us to recognize each returning website member and their relevant information so that you do not need to input the same information more than once. We do not place any personally identifying confidential information in your cookies. In addition, cookies are not used to access information entered on the secure server. This information can only be accessed when you enter your user name and password.
Will Mayhew share any of your personal information?
Absolutely NOT! That’s why it’s personal. Mayhew will not trade, sell or rent your personal information (such as name, address, phone number, or company name) to third parties without your consent. And, we also protect your privacy by limiting employee access to and use of customer data. While we may provide statistics to outside companies about our customers, including sales and related site information, it will not include any personally identifying information.
So why do we need all that personal information? The answer is simple – it’s so that we can constantly improve your experience with Mayhew.
Will Mayhew change its policy?
Where can I get more information?
Mayhew takes the issue of protecting your privacy seriously. If you have any concerns, questions, or just want to tell us what you think, feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com.
1. You Agree to These Terms by Using this Site
2. Ownership of Content
3. Your Use of the Site
Mayhew grants you permission to use the Site as follows:
- you may download Content, but only for noncommercial, personal use and provided that you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the Content;
- Content of the Site may be reproduced solely for editorial purposes in daily newspapers, general circulation news magazines, trade publications and broadcast media;
- you may not distribute, modify, copy (except as set forth above), transmit, display, reuse, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, sell or otherwise use Content without Mayhew’s written permission;
- you are prohibited from using the Site to post or transmit any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law – Mayhew will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or any court order requesting or directing Mayhew to disclose the identity of anyone posting or transmitting any such information or materials; and
- you are prohibited from using the Site to advertise or perform any commercial solicitation.
5. Disclaimer of Warranties
ALL CONTENT IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Without limiting the foregoing, Mayhew neither warrants nor represents that your use of any Content will not infringe the rights of any third parties nor that the Content will be accurate, complete or up-to-date. Additionally, with reference to any discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and the like that may be on the Site, Mayhew assumes no responsibility or liability arising from any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law, contained in any such locations on the Site.
6. Exclusion of Liability
YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER MAYHEW, NOR ANY OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS, NOR ANY OF ITS AGENTS OR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SITE, ARE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THIS SITE OR CONTENT WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of certain damages, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
7. Links to Third Party Sites
The Site may contain links to sites owned or operated by parties other than Mayhew. Such links are provided for your convenience only. Mayhew does not control, and is not responsible for, the content or privacy policies on, or the security of, such sites. Without limiting the foregoing, Mayhew specifically disclaims any responsibility if such sites:
- infringe any third party’s intellectual property rights;
- are inaccurate, incomplete or misleading;
- are not merchantable or fit for a particular purpose;
- do not provide adequate security;
- contain viruses or other items of a destructive nature; or
- are libelous or defamatory.
Neither does Mayhew endorse the content, or any products or services available, on such sites. If you establish a link to such sites or the Site, you do so at your own risk and without the permission of Mayhew.
8. Revisions to the Terms
9. Law and Jurisdiction
Last Updated: March 1, 2016